Dr. Adrian Teo BSc (Med) MBBS FRACSUpper GI & Bariatric Surgeon
Dr Adrian Teo is a Specialist Upper Gastrointestinal and Bariatric Surgeon with an interest in minimally invasive surgery.
He graduated from the University of New South Wales and completed surgical training in Sydney and was awarded as a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) in General Surgery.
He pursued an additional 3 years of highly specialised training in Oesophago-Gastric, Hepato-Pancreatic-Biliary and Bariatric Surgery in leading hospitals in Australia and New Zealand. He initially worked as the Upper GI Fellow at Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital, a major surgical centre in Sydney.
He was then successful in being selected to the highly regarded Surgical Fellowship programme by the Australian & New Zealand Gastric & Oesophageal Surgery Association (ANZGOSA), where he worked at Auckland City Hospital, New Zealand and Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Perth, both which are major high-volume centres for public Bariatric Surgery and Upper GI Surgery.
Dr Teo has acquired years of advanced training and experience in the surgery of benign and malignant conditions of the Oesophagus and Stomach, Anti-reflux surgery, and Weight Loss Surgery.
Adrian is a people person and enjoys meeting new patients. He takes his time to know you better and to discuss your options to ensure best health outcomes. He works well with his team of other health professionals to ensure your successful recovery, well-being and good health.
Dr Teo offers a full range of advanced Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery. As an Upper GI Surgeon with specialised training in upper gastrointestinal conditions, he also has a special interest in other Upper GI conditions including:
- Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease (GORD)
- Weight loss surgery
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Hiatal or Para-oesophageal Hernia Surgery
- Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery
- Gastroscopy & Endoscopy
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) – General Surgery
- Bachelor of Medical Science, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery BSc (Med) MBBS University of New South Wales
Dr Teo studied medicine at the University of New South Wales and trained in General Surgery in Sydney.
Following this, he has undertaken an additional three years of post-fellowship training in major centres in Australia and New Zealand.
He spent his first year as the Surgical Fellow at the Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital, a high-volume referral centre in South-West Sydney for surgery of oesophageal, gastric and pancreatic cancers.
He was then successful in being selected to an accredited fellowship training programme by the Australia & New Zealand Gastric & Oesophageal Surgery Association (ANZGOSA), where he trained at the Auckland City Hospital, New Zealand and Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Perth.
- Fellow of the Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
- Australia & New Zealand Gastro-Oesophageal Surgery Society (ANZGOSA)
- Australia & New Zealand Metabolic & Obesity Surgery Society (ANZMOSS)
- Australian & New Zealand Hepatic, Pancreatic & Biliary Association (ANZHPBA)
- International Society for Diseases of the Esophagus (ISDE)
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity & Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
- Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- St John of God Subiaco Hospital (Private)
- Armadale-Kalamunda Hospital (Public)